Love Unto All Saints (6) Bearing With and Forgiving One Another -- Make Me a Channel of Your Peace
背誦經文：「倘若這人與那人有嫌隙、總要彼此包容、彼此饒恕．主怎樣饒恕了你們、你們也要怎樣饒恕人。」(西 3:13 )
Memory Verse: "Bearing with one another, and forgiving one another, if anyone has a complaint against another; even as Christ forgave you, so you also must do." (Colossians 3:13)
I. The Lord is our model and the source of our life
約 13:34 我賜給你們一條新命令、乃是叫你們彼此相愛．我怎樣愛你們、你們也要怎樣相愛。
John 13:34 A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another; as I have loved you, that you also love one another.
羅 15:7 所以你們要彼此接納、如同基督接納你們一樣、使榮耀歸與 神。
Romans 15:7 Therefore receive one another, just as Christ also received us, to the glory of God.
弗 4:32 並要以恩慈相待、存憐憫的心、彼此饒恕、正如 神在基督裏饒恕了你們一樣。
Ephesians 4:32 And be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God in Christ forgave you.
II. Bearing with one another
(一) 在主愛中彼此容忍 – 包容不是放縱，恨惡罪卻愛罪人
(1) Accept one another in the love of the Lord -- Bearing is not about indulgence; it is to hate sin but love sinners
弗 4:2 凡事謙虛、溫柔、忍耐、用愛心互相寬容、
Ephesians 4:2 with all lowliness and gentleness, with longsuffering, bearing with one another in love,
弗 4:3 用和平彼此聯絡、竭力保守聖靈所賜合而為一的心。
Ephesians 4:3 endeavoring to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace.
(二) 在身體中彼此成全 – 施工中雖不完美卻是寶貴
(2) Edify one another in the Body – Under construction; imperfect but precious
林前 12:23 身上肢體、我們看為不體面的、越發給他加上體面．不俊美的、越發得著俊美．
1 Corinthians 12:23 And those members of the body which we think to be less honorable, on these we bestow greater honor; and our unpresentable parts have greater modesty
林前 12:27 你們就是基督的身子、並且各自作肢體。
1 Corinthians 12:27 Now you are the body of Christ, and members individually.
III. Forgiving one another
(一) 饒恕人就必蒙饒恕 – 由心牢得釋放
(1) Forgive and you will be forgiven -- To be freed from the bondage of the heart
Matthew 6:14 For if you forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you.
Matthew 6:15 But if you do not forgive men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses
路 6:37 你們不要論斷人、就不被論斷．你們不要定人的罪、就不被定罪．你們要饒恕人、就必蒙饒恕．〔饒恕原文作釋放〕
Luke 6:37 Judge not, and you shall not be judged. Condemn not, and you shall not be condemned. Forgive, and you will be forgiven.
(二) 被饒恕者的饒恕 – 千萬銀子與十兩的比較
(2) The forgiveness of the forgiven -- The comparison between ten thousand talents and a hundred denarii
太 18:21 那時彼得進前來、對耶穌說、主阿、我弟兄得罪我、我當饒恕他幾次呢．到七次可以麼。
Matthew 18:21 Then Peter came to Him and said, “Lord, how often shall my brother sin against me, and I forgive him? Up to seven times?”
太 18:22 耶穌說、我對你說、不是到七次、乃是到七十個七次。
Matthew 18:22 Jesus said to him, “I do not say to you, up to seven times, but up to seventy times seven.
太 18:33 你不應當憐恤你的同伴、像我憐恤你麼。
Matthew 18:33 Should you not also have had compassion on your fellow servant, just as I had pity on you?’
太 18:35 你們各人、若不從心裏饒恕你的弟兄、我天父也要這樣待你們了。
18:35 “So My heavenly Father also will do to you if each of you, from his
heart, does not forgive his brother his trespasses.”
Make Me A Channel Of Your Peace
1. Make me a channel of your peace, Where there is hatred let me bring you love; Where there is injury, pardon Lord; And where there is doubt, true faith in You.
2. Make me a channel of your peace, Where there’s despair in life let me bring hope, Where there is darkness, only light; And where there’s sadness only joy.
3. Make me a channel of your peace, It is in pardoning that we are pardoned, It is in giving to all men that we receive, And in dying that we are born to eternal life.
(Refrain) O Master grant that I may never seek, So much to be consoled as to console, To be understood as to understand, To be loved as to love with all my soul.