“That He May Have the First Place” (15) - The Relationship Between the Church and Christ
Scriptures: Ephesians 1:22-23, 4:11-16; Genesis 2:21-24; Colossians 1:18; Ephesians 5:22-33; Revelation 19:7-8
背誦經文：22 (神)又將萬有服在祂的腳下，使祂為教會作萬有之首。23 教會是祂的身體，是那充滿萬有者所充滿的。(弗1:22-23)
Memory Verse: And He put all things under His feet, and gave Him to be head over all things to the church, which is His body, the fullness of Him who fills all in all.(Ephesians 1:22-23)
A. The definition of the church
– 「教會」是由希臘文 “Ecclesia” 而來，指「 」 。換言之，是指被 神所揀選，從世界裏所召出來，為要承受救恩，完成 神旨的人。她的成員是一切蒙恩又重生得救者 (林前1:2) 。因此，教會是由一群 ， 被贖、被召，又 被浸為基督身體的蒙恩人所組成。
- “Church” comes from the Greek word “Ecclesia”, meaning “ ”. In other words, it refers to the ones who are chosen by God and called out from the world to inherit salvation and to accomplish God’s will. Her members are all who are saved by grace through rebirth (1 Cor 1:2). Therefore, the church is consisted of a group of blessed ones who are , redeemed , called out and baptized into the body of Christ.
B. The unique dual relationships between the church and Christ
a) 教會是 .
a) The church is .
─ 重在「 」的關係，強調教會是 (弗1:23，4:11-16，林前12:12-27)
- Focusing on the relationship “ ”, emphasizing on the church being (Ephesians 1:23, 4:11-16, 1 Cor 12:12-27)
v 『FOR Christ』 是教會見証的三個重點，也是教會存在的重要意義與價值
v “FOR Christ” are the 3 key points of church testimony, the important meaning and value of the existence of the church
1) Fullness - 教會是基督豐滿的彰顯
1) Fullness - The church is the manifestation of the fullness of Christ
2) Oneness - 教會是基督身體合一的見證
2) Oneness - The church is the testimony of the unity of the body of Christ
3) Richness - 教會得以承受元首一切的豐富
3) Richness - The church is to inherit the fullness of the Head over all things
b) 教會是 .
b) The church is .
─ 重在「 」的關係，強調教會是 (創2:21-24，林後11:2，弗5：22-33，啟19:7-8)
- Focusing on the relationship ” ”, emphasizing the church being (Genesis 2:21-24, 2 Corinthians 11:2, Ephesians 5:22-33, Revelation 19:7-8)
1) 教會唯一的成份就是 .
1) The only element of the church is .
And Adam said:“This is now bone of my bones and flesh of my flesh;she shall be called Woman, because she was taken out of Man.” Therefore a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, and they shall become one flesh. (Genesis 2:23-24)
2) 教會要在愛中 ，在凡事上 .
2) The church Christ out of love, and in everything
23…丈夫是妻子的頭，如同基督是教會的頭；祂又是教會全體的救主。 24 教會怎樣順服基督，妻子也要怎樣凡事順服丈夫。(弗5:23-24)
For the husband is head of the wife, as also Christ is head of the church; and He is the Savior of the body. Therefore, just as the church is subject to Christ, so let the wives be to their own husbands in everything.(Ephesians 5:23-24)
3) 教會要為 預備自己
3) The church prepares herself for .
7 我們要歡喜快樂，將榮耀歸給他。因為，羔羊婚娶的時候到了；新婦也自己預備好了， 8 就蒙恩得穿光明潔白的細麻衣。這細麻衣就是聖徒所行的義。(啟19:7-8)
Let us be glad and rejoice and give Him glory, for the marriage of the Lamb has come, and His wife has made herself ready.” And to her it was granted to be arrayed in fine linen, clean and bright, for the fine linen is the righteous acts of the saints.(Revelation 19:7-8)
C The actualization of the unique relationships
1. What was your definition of the church in the past? Any further understanding by now?
2 What are the meaning and value of the existence of the church? How to actualize them?