Raising Mighty Men of Valor For God’s House
Scriptures: 2 Kings 2:14 ; James 5:17 ; Genesis 13: 5-13, 14: 14-16 ; 1 Chronicles 19:12- 13; 1 Corinthians 16:13-14
背誦經文：13 你們務要警醒，在真道上站立得穩，要作大丈夫，要剛強。 14 凡你們所做的都要憑愛心而做。(林前16:13-14)
A) 復習上週「神家的戰車馬兵－ 以利亞」
A) Review Last Week’s Sermon: “Elijah: The Chariot and Horsemen of God’s House”
- “Where is the Lord God of Elijah?” (2 Kings 2:14)
- “Where is God’s Elijah?” ( James 5:17)
B) The house of God is always in need of mighty warriors. This requires careful cultivation on a daily basis.
14 亞伯蘭聽見他姪兒【原文是弟兄】被擄去，就率領他家裏生養的精練壯丁三百一十八人，直追到但， 15 便在夜間，自己同僕人分隊殺敗敵人，又追到大馬士革北邊的何把， 16 將被擄掠的一切財物奪回來，連他姪兒羅得和他的財物，以及婦女、人民也都奪回來。
“14 And when Abram heard that his brother was taken captive, he armed his trained servants, born in his own house, three hundred and eighteen, and pursued them unto Dan. 15 And he divided himself against them, he and his servants, by night, and smote them, and pursued them unto Hobah, which is on the left hand of Damascus. 16 And he brought back all the goods, and also brought again his brother Lot, and his goods, and the women also, and the people.”
a) Proclaimed deliverance to the captives - Even to a nephew who loved the world and took advantage of him.
b) Regained all that was lost
c) Defeated the coalition of four kings
d) Increased worth, joyous ending
❖ 關鍵：除了亞伯拉罕本人寬大的心與豐盛的生命以外，也在於他所率領「家裡生養的」「精練壯丁」(trained servants)
❖ Key: In addition to Abraham’s generous heart and abundant life, the trained servants who were born in his house were also essential.
● 12 約押對亞比篩說：「亞蘭人若強過我，你就來幫助我；亞捫人若強過你，我就去幫助你。 13 我們都當剛強，為本國的民和 神的城邑作大丈夫，願耶和華憑祂的意旨而行。」(代上19:12-13)
● “” 12 Then he (Joab) said (to Abishai), “If the Syrians are too strong for me, then you shall help me; but if the people of Ammon are too strong for you, then I will help you. 13 Be of good courage, and let us be strong for our people and for the cities of our God. And may the Lord do what is good in His sight.” (1 Chronicles 19: 12-13)
C) Paul’s Encouragement
● 13 你們務要警醒，在真道上站立得穩，要作大丈夫，要剛強。 14 凡你們所做的都要憑愛心而做。(林前16:13-14)
● “13 Watch, stand fast in the faith, be brave, be strong. 14 Let all that you do be done with love.” (1 Corinthians 16:13-14)