Equipping the Saints for the Work of Ministry (8): From the perspective of the “Body”
Scriptures: 1 Cor 12:12-27; Eph 4:15-16
背誦經文：26 若一個肢體受苦，所有的肢體就一同受苦；若一個肢體得榮耀，所有的肢體就一同快樂。 27 你們就是基督的身子，並且各自作肢體。(林前12：26-27)
Memorization Scripture: And if one member suffers, all the members suffer with it; or if one member is honored, all the members rejoice with it. Now you are the body of Christ, and members individually. (1 Cor 12:26-27)
A) Why does the Bible use the typology of the “body” for the Church?
B) Through the Holy Spirit the Church has become the body of Christ
▪ 13 我們不拘是猶太人，是希臘人，是為奴的，是自主的，都從一位聖靈受洗，成了一個身體，飲於一位聖靈。
▪ For by one Spirit we were all baptized into one body—whether Jews or Greeks, whether slaves or free—and have all been made to drink into one Spirit. (1 Cor 12:13)
▪ … the church, which is His body, the fullness of Him who fills all in all.(Eph 1:22-23)
a) 肢體永遠離不開身子 (林前12：12b, 15-16) ：「肢體雖多，仍是一個身子」
a) The members can never be separated from the body (1 Cor 12:12b,15-16): “There are many members, yet still one body”
▪ 12 …肢體雖多，仍是一個身子；基督也是這樣…15 設若腳說：「我不是手，所以不屬乎身子，」它不能因此就不屬乎身子。 16 設若耳說：「我不是眼，所以不屬乎身子，」它不能因此就不屬乎身子。
▪ … being many, are one body, so also is Christ. …15 If the foot should say, “Because I am not a hand, I am not of the body,” is it therefore not of the body? 16 And if the ear should say, “Because I am not an eye, I am not of the body,” is it therefore not of the body?
b) 肢體彼此相需、缺一不可 (林前12：21-22)
b) Members need one another, cannot miss any (1 Cor 12:21-22)
▪ 21 眼不能對手說：「我用不著你。」頭也不能對腳說：「我用不著你。」 22 不但如此，身上肢體人以為軟弱的，更是不可少的。
▪ 21 And the eye cannot say to the hand, “I have no need of you”; nor again the head to the feet, “I have no need of you.” 22 No, much rather, those members of the body which seem to be weaker are necessary.
c) 肢體彼此相愛、彼此相助 (林前12：23-24)
c) Members love one another and help one another (1 Cor 12:23-24)
▪ 23 身上肢體，我們看為不體面的，越發給它加上體面；不俊美的，越發得著俊美。 24 我們俊美的肢體，自然用不著裝飾；但 神配搭這身子，把加倍的體面給那有缺欠的肢體…
▪ 23 And those members of the body which we think to be less honorable, on these we bestow greater honor; and our unpresentable parts have greater modesty, 24 but our presentable parts have no need. But God composed the body, having given greater honor to that part which lacks it…
d) 肢體彼此相顧、同甘共苦 (林前12：25-26)
d) Members care for one another, rejoice and suffer together (1 Cor 12:25-26)
▪ 25 … but that the members should have the same care for one another. 26 And if one member suffers, all the members suffer with it; or if one member is honored, all the members rejoice with it.
C) Saints are also individually members
a) 肢體各有各的特殊功用 (林前12：12a，14，17，19，21)
a) Each member have its own unique functions (1 Cor 12:12a,14,17,19,21)
▪ 12 …身子是一個，卻有許多肢體…14 身子原不是一個肢體，乃是許多肢體…17 若全身是眼，從哪裏聽聲呢？若全身是耳，從哪裏聞味呢？… 19 若都是一個肢體，身子在哪裏呢…
▪ 12 … the body is one and has many members …14 For in fact the body is not one member but many … 17 If the whole body were an eye, where would be the hearing? If the whole were hearing, where would be the smelling? … 19 And if they were all one member, where would the body be?
b) 是 神親自在安排各肢體，配搭這個身子 (林前12：18，24b)
b) Its God Himself who sets each member and composes this body (1 Cor 12:18, 24b)
▪ 18 但如今，神隨自己的意思把肢體俱各安排在身上..24 …神配搭這身子，把加倍的體面給那有缺欠的肢體
▪ 18 But now God has set the members, each one of them, in the body just as He pleased … 24 … But God composed the body, having given greater honor to that part which lacks it,
c) 百節各按各職，照著各體的功用，彼此相助 (弗4：15-16)
c) By what every joint supplies, according to the effective working by which every part does its share, helping one another (Eph 4:15-16)
1) 使身體漸漸增長； 2) 在愛中建立基督的身體
1) Causes growth of the body; 2) For the edifying of the body of Christ in love.
詩歌: SH267 "愛使我們相聚一起";其他: “家庭祈禱歌” 其他 “萬口一聲”
Hymnary: SH267 "The Bond of Love"; Other: “Family Prayer Song” Other “One Voice”