矽谷基督徒聚會 > 教會介紹 > 信仰告白
We are sinners saved by grace, beloved children of God, and a priesthood called by God. We firmly believe and uphold the following:
- The Scriptures -We believe that "all Scripture is given by inspiration of God”, by which we understand the whole Bible is inspired in the sense that holy men of God “were moved by the Holy Spirit” to write the very words of Scripture. We believe that this divine inspiration extends equally and fully to all parts of the writings—historical, poetical, doctrinal, and prophetic—as appeared in the original manuscripts. We believe that the whole Bible in the originals is therefore without error. We believe that all Scripture centers around the Lord Jesus Christ, in His person and work, in His first and second coming, and hence that no portion, even of the Old Testament, is properly read, or understood, until it leads to Him. We also believe that all the Scriptures were designed for our practical instruction and therefore the Bible is the ultimate authority and guiding principle for our Christian faith and living.
- The Trinity -We believe that the Godhead eternally exists in three Persons —the Holy Father, the Holy Son, and the Holy Spirit—and that these three are one God, having precisely the same nature, attributes, and perfections, and worthy of precisely the same homage, confidence, and obedience.
- The Holy Father -We believe that the Holy Father, Almighty God, is the beginning and the end of all creation; all is of Him, by Him, and for Him.
- The Holy Son -We believe that the Holy Son Jesus Christ is both true God and true Man. He was born by the Holy Spirit through the virgin Mary; He obeyed the will of the Father God and died on the cross as an atonement for sinners, the righteous substituted for the unrighteous so that because of His precious blood all who believe in Him may be justified. According to the Scriptures, Christ rose from the dead on the third day, thus defeating the devil who held the power of death; The Holy Son Jesus Christ ascended on high, and is now seated at the right hand of God the Father. Christ is the sole Mediator between God and man, and only through Him may believers enter the presence of the Father. He will come again to establish His Kingdom of glory.
- The Holy Spirit - We believe that after His ascension, Jesus Christ sent the Holy Spirit, as promised by the Father, to the world. The Holy Spirit is fully God and reproves the world of sin, of righteousness, and of judgment; all who believe in Jesus Christ receive the indwelling of the Holy Spirit, and are baptized by the Spirit into the Body of Christ; the Holy Spirit is the Comforter for believers, who leads believers into the truth, and gives all spiritual gifts to build up the Church.
- The Church - We believe that Christ is the head of the Church, and the Church is the Body of Christ, the full-ness of Him that fills all in all. We believe that all who acknowledge Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord are united with Him as members of His body, the one true Church. Scripture commands believers to gather for worship, prayer, fellowship, and the teaching of the Word; to observe Baptism and Communion as established by Jesus Christ; to offer service to the body through development and use of talents and gifts and outreach to the world. The local expression of the church is wherever God’s people meet regularly in obedience to this command. Cared for and led by the leadership of SVCA, believers are to work together in love and unity for the ultimate purpose of glorifying Christ. We also believe that each believer at SVCA needs to obey and submit to the leadership of the Board of Directors of SVCA regarding matters concerning SVCA.
- Marriage and Sexuality - We, according to the Bible, believe that God has established marriage as a lifelong, exclusive relationship between one biological man at birth and one biological woman at birth, which can only be separated by death or adultery, and that all sexual activity outside of the marriage relationship is sin. We believe that God created the human race male and female in His image and that any and all conduct with the intent to adopt a gender other than one’s birth gender is sin.
- Salvation - The central purpose of God’s revelation in Scripture is to call people into fellowship with Him. Originally created to be in relationship with God, humans defied Him by going their own independent way (sin), resulting in alienation from Him and the innate inability to please God. This fall took place at the beginning of human history; since then all people have suffered these consequences and are in need of the saving grace of God. The salvation of humanity is completely a work of God’s free grace; it is not in any way the result of human works or goodness. Each person can receive salvation by repentance to God and accepting Jesus Christ as Savior.
- The Christian Life - We believe that people in a saving relationship with Jesus Christ are to live in holiness and obedience as we submit to the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit renews and indwells each believer upon salvation, becoming our source of assurance, strength, wisdom, and gifting for building up the Church. The Holy Spirit guides believers in understanding and applying the Bible. Appropriated by faith, His power and control em-power believers to live a life of Christ-like character and bear fruit for the Father’s glory.
- 聖經 - 我們相信“聖經都是 神所默示的”，我們認為“神所默示”的意思就是整本聖經的文字都是 神的僕人被聖靈感動 而寫下的。我們相信這神聖的默示全然貫穿在所有聖經書卷的原始文稿中，包括歷史、詩章、訓誨、預言的每一 部分，因此我們相信整本聖經原稿是無誤的。我們相信所有經文都以主耶穌基督為中心，關乎祂的所是和工作， 特別是祂頭一次和第二次的降臨；因此，任何經文包括舊約的解讀，若不引向基督，都不算準確。我們也相信所有經文都是神給我們的實際教導，因此聖經是我們信仰和生活的最高權柄和指導原則。
- 三位一體 - 我們相信永生神擁有三個位格：聖父、聖子和聖靈，並且三位是同一位神，擁有同樣的性情、屬性、完 美，配得同等的尊崇、信服和順從。
- 聖父 - 我們相信聖父，全能的神，是一切受造的起始和終結，一切都是本乎祂，藉著祂，為著祂。
- 聖子 - 我們相信聖子耶穌基督是真神也是真人。祂藉聖靈從童女瑪麗亞而生；祂順服父神的旨意，在十字架上受死 成為罪人的贖罪祭；公義的替代了不義的，以至於因著祂的寶血，所有相信祂的人得以稱義。按著聖經所記，基督第三天從死裡復活，因此戰勝了掌死權的魔鬼。聖子耶穌基督升上高天，如今坐在父神的右邊。基督是神和人之間唯一的中保，信徒唯有通過他才能進入父神的同在。祂會再來建立祂榮耀的國度。
- 聖靈 - 我們相信耶穌基督升天以後，按著父神的應許賜下聖靈給這個世界。聖靈是完全的神，祂來讓世人為罪為義為審判自己責備自己。所有相信耶穌基督的人都有聖靈內住，藉聖靈受洗歸入基督的身體。聖靈是信徒的保惠師，帶領信徒進入真理，並為建立教會賜下各樣屬靈的恩賜。
- 教會 - 我們相信基督是教會的頭，教會是基督的身體，是基督這充滿萬有者所充滿的。我們相信每一個接受耶穌基督為救主的基督徒都在基督裡聯合，成為普世性教會（不特指某一個具體的教會，而是全地唯一的真“教會”的廣義的概念）裡的一份子。聖經教導信徒要聚集起來敬拜，禱告，交通，並且學習神的話；要遵守受浸禮和主耶穌所親自設立的擘餅聚會；要通過建立和使用恩賜參與身體的事奉，且要向這個世界傳福音。這個普世性的教會在地方的表現形式就是神的兒女順從祂的命令在各處定期一起聚會（地方教會）。在矽谷基督徒聚會，弟兄姊妹當在領袖團隊的關懷和帶領下，為榮耀基督而在愛和合一的裡面共同努力。我們也相信，在矽谷基督徒聚會的各項事宜上，每個弟兄姊妹都需要順服並遵從矽谷基督徒聚會長老團的領導。
- 婚姻和性別 - 根據聖經，我們相信婚姻是 神所設立的，其原則是一男（按出生時的生理性別）一女（按出生時的 生理性別），一生一世，一夫一妻。只有死亡或者婚外情才能把這段關係結束。任何在婚姻關係之外的性行為都是罪。我們相信神按著自己的形象造男造女，所以任何要改變自己出生時的性別的行為都是罪。
- 救恩 - 神在聖經中最核心的啟示是呼召人與 神相交。人類起初被造是為了和 神建立關係，然而人類悖逆了神，按著自己的意旨而行（罪），造成的結果就是與 神隔離，並且天生無能討神的喜悅。這一墮落發生在人類歷史的開端；自此所有人都承受這墮落的後果，都需要 神的救恩。神給人類的救恩完全是白白的恩典，完全不是人的努力或善良的結果。藉著認罪悔改並接受耶穌基督作為個人的救主，每一個人都可以得著 神的救恩。
- 基督徒的生活 - 我們相信每一個得救並與耶穌基督建立了關係的信徒，都應該順從聖靈而過聖潔順服基督的生活。每個信徒得救以後，聖靈就更新並內住在我們裡面，成為我們得救的把握、力量和智慧的源頭，並為建立教會賜下恩賜。聖靈引導信徒明白和應用聖經真理。因著信心，我們可以靠著聖靈的能力和引領活出像基督一樣的生命，結出果子榮耀父神。